We are open to provide primary healthcare including Chartered Physiotherapy to our clients in accordance with the latest government restrictions. Our role as essential healthcare providers is further supported by our professional body, the Irish Society of Chartered Physiotherapists.
If you have booked a face to face, in-clinic appointment, please read the following important COVID-19 infection control information.
Face to face, in-clinic appointments are available weekdays for those who have not been diagnosed with COVID-19, are not awaiting a test, do not have symptoms and who are not self-isolating. If you are considered high or very high risk, we recommend that you consult with your GP before attending for physiotherapy.
In accordance with COVID-19 infection control and avoidance measures, we are implementing social distancing methods and strict sanitising within the clinic.
Appointment confirmation & reminders
- On booking, you will receive a confirmation email and text, followed by a reminder email and text the day before your appointment.
- Your email may be printed or shown to the Garda as confirmation of your Chartered Physiotherapy appointment if required.
On the day of an appointment
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- It is required that you wear a mask of healthcare worker standard to your appointment.
- Please wait in your car until you receive a ‘ready’ text from your physiotherapist, we will do our very best not to keep you waiting. Once you receive your text please come to the front door of the clinic and your physiotherapist will welcome you inside.
In the clinic
- Hand sanitising gels are available throughout the clinic.
- Surfaces are sanitised frequently throughout the day.
- Paper towels are to please be used after handwashing in the bathroom.
- Treatment plinths (beds), rooms and door areas are sanitised thoroughly between patient treatment sessions.
- Hands - we wash and hand sanitise before each client treatment and regularly within the treatment session.
- Gloves & aprons - we wear disposable gloves and aprons as an extra precaution in addition to regular hand sanitising.
- Face masks - we wear healthcare worker standard facemasks throughout your appointment.
- Positioning - you will be treated mostly in the face-down position, otherwise on your side facing away from your physiotherapist.
- Techniques - manual therapy techniques may be applied over clothes or a paper towel, medical acupuncture including dry needling will be applied using standard hygiene and infection control measures
- Exercises will be demonstrated from a distance, any equipment used will be demonstrated by your physiotherapist only.
- Physical distancing - treatment planning, using a combination of techniques will provide effective treatment while ensuring the period of time during which your physiotherapist is within 2 metres for no longer than 15 minutes during the 30 minute consultation period.
Payments & booking follow up appointments
- Re-bookings and payment will be arranged at the end of the consultation with your physiotherapist.
- Alternatively, book your follow-up appointment by calling 012834303.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation and we look forward to welcoming you.
Lorraine & Simon